Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 7 - North Long Beach Area!! My First Week in the Field!

I’m in Long Beach!!

The first day I got here we had interviews with the mission President then got with our new companions!! My trainer is Elder Urbina! He’s super cool and native Spanish speaker! I’ll definitely learn so much from him! After we got our trainers we got in our CAR (whoop whoop) and instantly went out proselyting and had dinner with the Manriquez family!! We had some soup which was really good! And then had Hamburgers and cake!! It was really great! After my trainer asked me to give the spiritual thought... in Spanish! I was so nervous. But I opened up to my favorite scripture in Jacob 2: 18-19 and taught how important it is to search for the kingdom of god! I was nervous but i did it all in Spanish and pretty well i guess! Then we went our knocking doors and contacting and inviting people to watch the new Light the World video on Mormon.org! It was fun but now i realize how much Spanish i really need to learn... a lot. At 9 we went back and unpacked and got everything ready for the next 6 weeks!

The next morning we woke up and went and ran around a park for 30 mins, came home and showered and got ready for the day! We had one hour of personal study, companion study, district meeting for 2 hours and then language study for another hour! We picked up my bike which looks good! And then we did 2 hours of service for a local Hospice Center and made condolence cards for families with members who passed away. Its fun, everyone in there is so funny and always laughing and making jokes. After we went down into the Land of Los Alamitos and yes i saw the high school. We went around trying to get into some referrals houses but didn’t get anything but talked to a Catholic lady on the street and gave her our message. After that though we came back and had dinner. We then went on splits with the elders’ quorum and got put with a really cool guy so we went and basically home taught a divorced mother! And that concluded our night!

So that is basically a typical day here in CA but I’ve met a lot of great families and I am starting to get accustomed to the missionary life! I’m sure things will start to pick up here this week and so on! I miss everyone dearly and can’t wait to hear from all of you! My address is 6500 E Atherton St Long Beach California 90815 for anyone wanting to send mail! I have a lot of other stories but I’ll have to save them for next time or through mail! Miss and love you all!

Love
Elder Gilmour








No comments:

Post a Comment