Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 15: Change is Good!! Life is Good!!

Hello family!!
Great to hear you are all doing well; congrats to Mackenzie and happy for Jordan with Show Choir and Northern Lights activities – Happy Birthday to them both!

How’s it going!? This week flew by and I’m surprised I’m already writing! This week had 3 main things that went on!

So first i had an exchange with Elder Duran (the guy in the pictures) which went great! Really enjoyed the time on splits with him and getting to know him better. A good example to me.

Second, we had the Worldwide Mission Broadcast and received the changes to the mission schedule including p-day and key indicators! That was welcomed for a lot of missionaries but since I’m new it’ll just be a new routine for me! I like it because it allows us missionaries to have agency and to prepare us to use that agency after the mission! It’s been great based on the fact that we can go to bed at 9 30 now and only have studies till 11! We also get two more hours of P-day which is great.

Third, the last major thing that happened this week was our exchange with the Zone Leaders! I went with Elder Child! He’s from Springville Utah and did a lot of the same things I did in high school! He’s super cool but also an English missionary!! So I got to speak English for the day and one of the things he had me do was share a scripture with a member to seek referrals! So I shared Helaman 5:12 (which was one of my goals to do through the week) and I just tied it to referrals! I really like this scripture because it’s a scripture for everyone. Build your foundation on Christ. Simple as that.

I know that this is a true principle. I went to high school with no members of the Church. It was hard because I was expected to keep such a high standard when many people within the school weren’t. I know that if I hadn’t of had this strong foundation on Christ, which my parents helped me to build, I wouldn’t be anywhere close to what I am today.

I’m so thankful for that and for the role God plays in my life. Without him I wouldn’t have met the amazing people I have, or be the person I am today. I constantly see the blessings he’s given me, my loving family, and friends. I know that through him we can truly be happy!!

I love and miss you all and am thankful for every single one of you! Hope you all have a great week!

1) Alright so the first one is a selfie of all my district getting ready to go on splits with the Elders
2) The ones after that are pictures of signal hill from the top! we ran up the hill for exercise that morning!
3) The last ones are of me and Elder Duran! One of my good district buddies from New York!







No comments:

Post a Comment